Dover's PreK-12 Notification is a telephone and email-messaging service used by Dover City Schools to quickly and effectively communicate important school news to parents. Parents can receive emergency and non-emergency announcements throughout the school year.
In the event of an emergency, Dover City Schools has in place a phone notification system. A call will be made to notify students and parents of the emergency and what procedures will be implemented. The call will be to your primary phone number that was used to enroll your student.
Using Dover's PreK-12 Notification, you'll always have timely information about school:
- Closings, delays and early dismissals
- General reminders
Parent accounts are already created with your home phone number entered. If you desire to do so, you can enter up to three more numbers and email addresses to be used for emergency notifications.
To add phone numbers and email addresses you must first create a PIN. You can do this simply by calling the Family Hotline at 1-800-846-4976 from your home phone number.
You will hear a welcome message and have the following options to choose from:
- Most recent messages sent from your school
- Manage Emergency contact information, create or change your PIN information
- More information - about PreK-12 Notification
If you press 2 and this is your first time using the system:
You will be prompted to create a PIN (4 numeric numbers)
If you have already created a PIN you will hear this menu:
- Change your PIN code
- Add, change, or delete numbers
- Add or delete email addresses
After creating your PIN you can also manage your contact information from the web at: http://omeresa.prek12notification.com
Use your 10-digit home phone number for your ID and your recently created PIN to access the system.
Some additional information on the PreK-12 phone notification system:
- The PreK-12 system assumes that many parents have answering machines. To accommodate these answering machines, the PreK-12 system message does not start for several seconds to allow your answering machine to play its welcoming message, such as, "Hello, you have reached (330) 364-0000. Please leave a message after the beep." If your machine starts immediately, the PreK-12 message may not record properly.
- The PreK-12 message cannot be delivered to phone numbers that require an extension.
- The PreK-12 message cannot be delivered to phone systems that play music "for your enjoyment" as the call is completed.
- You may contact the technology department and request that you not be contacted. If you make this request, you will receive no automated messages from the school.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Dover Technology Department at (330) 364-7151.